Ready to Read

Ready to Read
Historical Novels -Bobi Andrews

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

PAYING FOR THE HOLE

I  am eating a thin, very small almond crisp that is very good, although a bit pricey for a dozen.  They even call them addictive (and they are). However, in the baking most have large holes, some the size of a quarter in the middle of them--like bubbles burst while baking. They don't give discounts for the holes. We pay for them.
 
Take a moment and just think about collective addicts like us paying for a quarter size hole in 100,000 crisps and the sizeable bonanza this brings to the company. Now at 30 cents per crisp, they can make many more crisps earning them thousands of extra $$'s using the dough that would have filled the holes. 
 
Can't help but be reminded of the contrast with our worries of taxes paying for millions of government spending, while we hardly notice hidden holes in almond crisps.  (Also, in this case, there may be the issue of deceptive advertising. The pictures of the crisps on the box do not show holes.)  
 
Perhaps there is a parallel as to why the government is lacking the ability to find their excesses in government spending. One wonders, how many holes we pay for?  Maybe they need to hire heavy, economic "thinkers" like me.  Or maybe I should go see my neurologist!
 
I rise from my chair. You ask if I'm on my way to the head doctor?  No.  I'm going to the kitchen and get another crisp. 

P.S.  The crisps with almonds and cranberries are just as good!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment